Collections on Burke's Peerage
Burke's Peerage & Baronetage 107th Edition
The online database of Burke's Peerage & Gentry has been substantially revised and updated with the addition of the entire content from the 107th Edition of Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage.
The database now holds:
The records are fully searchable with colour-coded generations and search term highlighting, making them easy to use for professional and first time researchers alike.
- The updated histories of more than 2,500 titled families, many of which date back hundreds of years to when the peerage was first created.
- Over 3,200 current Knights – the Internet's most comprehensive resource for this honour.
- For the first time ever – Scottish and Irish Chiefs – the Internet's premiere collection of these genealogies.
- For the first time ever – Scottish Feudal Barons.
Did you know?
- The 107th edition of Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage cost around £1,000,000 to produce and took two years to compile.
- 120,000 living people are featured.
- The publication contains around 2,500 articles on titled families, 3,200 Knight's articles, 140 on Scottish Chiefs (some 60 of which are either hitherto unpublished or substantially augmented), scores of Scottish feudal barons, and 14 articles covering Irish Chiefs.
- Entrants include people linked to historic families, the military, politics, the arts, industry, education and much more.
- The oldest family in the book is unquestionably O'Neill dating back to the fifth century AD, the oldest family in western Europe.
The Knights and Dames represent a diverse group of people from a variety of fields and backgrounds. Some better-known names include:
- Sir Michael Caine
- Sir Terence Conran
- Dame Judi Dench
- Sir David Frost
- Bob Geldof, Hon KBE
- Sir Mick Jagger
- Sir Paul McCartney
- Sir Trevor McDonald
- Dame Diana Rigg