|Burke's Peerage Store|
| Store Details|
Burkes Landed Gentry The Kingdom In Scotland
Price: £99.00 P&P: £10 UK and £25 RoW
SPECIAL OFFER Save £50 plus three free Burke's Peerage CD-ROMs
Customers ordering one or more copies will also receive complimentary copies of three Burke's Peerage data CD-ROMs. These include fully searchable digital PDF copies of all the current Burke’s Landed Gentry 19th Edition titles (The Kingdom in Scotland, The Ridings of York, The Principality of Wales and The North West), Burke’s 107th Peerage (2003), Burke’s Family Index (1976) which includes a listing of all families that appeared in Burke’s publications between 1826 and 1976 and Burke’s Dormant and Extinct Peerages (1883). The complimentary CD-ROMs will be despatched separately from books ordered.
Edition: 19th Volume 1|
Editor in Chief: Peter Beauclerk Dewar
No of Pages: 1,500
Year of Publication: 2001
For more than 170 years, Burke's Landed Gentry has been an invaluable genealogical guide to notable families and their histories throughout the British Isles. For this, the 19th Edition, the volumes are to be published regionally, hence this, the first volume - Burke's Landed Gentry The Kingdom in Scotland, published in the second half of 2001.
It is some 1,500 pages in length, complete with the fully updated lineages of 650 Scottish families and the biographies of over 850 of Scotland's leading individuals.
The contents page of the book is reproduced below.
- Editorial Introduction.
- Publisher's Foreword.
- Farewell to Feudalism.
Author: David Sellar, writer on Scottish history, legal history and Highland genealogy.
- Heraldry and Landed Families in Scotland.
Author: Elizabeth Roads, MVO. Lyon Clerk and Keeper of the Records. Carrick Pursuivant
- The Scots - Who Are They? How do they see Themselves.
Author: Roddy Martine, editor of Caledonian Magazine, journalist and broadcaster.
Click here to read these articles in Burke's Article Library
- User Guide.
- Heraldic Glossary.
- Precedence in Scotland:
- Forms of Address.
- Scottish Royal Lineage.
- Families Section.
- Biographical Section.
- Scottish Life Peers & Law Lords.
- Scottish Parliamentary (including MPs, MEPs and MSPs.
- The Royal Household in Scotland:
- Officers of the Queen's Body Guard for Scotland. Royal Co of Archers.
- Scottish Lord Lieutenant.
- The Court of the Lord Lyon King of Arms.
- Scottish Chiefs of Names and Clans.
- Knights of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle.
- Scottish Feudal Barons (recognised by the Lord Lyon King of Arms).
- Scottish Archbishops and Bishops.
- Scottish Tartan Section.
Click links below to view Adobe Acrobat .PDFs of sample content.
Index of Names Listed in this Volume
|In partnership with
© 2005-2012 Burke's Peerage and Origins.net. All rights reserved.